Electrical Field Testing, Breaker Repair, Substation Construction - For help with Maintenance, Testing, Repair, High Voltage Construction,
Design or Engineering call:
Senior Civil / Structural Designer Position in Houston
Saber Team Opportunity Overview:
Saber Power Services seeks a professional, dedicated individual with a positive outlook for our Senior Civil/Structural Designer position.
Senior Civil/Structural Designer is responsible for performing civil, structural and/or architectural drafting and design duties on assigned projects.
- Assist Civil/Structural Engineers through:
- Expertise utilizing AutoCAD and MicroStation CAD software and developing, enforcing corporate or client drawing requirements
- Interpreting civil, architectural and structural engineering design concepts and sketches
- Developing layout design drawings, including columns, beams, braces, etc., steel connection details, anchor bolt and base plate details, steel fabrication detailed drawings
- Developing concrete detailed drawings for beams, columns, mats, slabs and pile caps including reinforcing steel details, bent rebar details, detailing of ties, anchor bolt details, etc.
- Developing material lists, material schedules, bill of materials
- Writing fabrication, construction and erection notes, general notes, drawing references, and other project and drawing documentation
- Checking drawings, details, BOMs, Notes, etc. as required
- Procedural knowledge to track drawings from origin through revisions due to checking, correcting, finalizing and Issuing for Construction
- Ensuring accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility
- Maintaining associated project files and documentation
- Performing field work and technical research as required/assigned
- Minimum Experience, Education or other Qualifications:
- Ten or more years of directly related experience or technology-oriented associate degree with seven years of applicable experience
- Working knowledge of AISC, ACI-318, ASTM, AWS and OSHA codes and requirements
- Solid experience in steel, concrete and foundation systems
- Capable of taking engineering sketches and overall dimensions and developing fabrication ready drawings
- Knowledgeable of basic civil material specifications to the extent that all information required for material purchase, fabrication and construction is reflected in drawings
- Capable of calculating piece and structure weights for steel or concrete structures
- Recognizing and communicating design/detailing issues; scope/design changes
- Performing field work collecting design information, tie- ins, function and clearances
- Performing temporary field engineering support activities during construction
- Checking the accuracy and quality of drawings
- Knowledge and understanding of schedule constraints and information requirements for the production of all civil/structural deliverables
- Experience in preparing structural and civil construction plans and specifications
- Working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project
- Must be results oriented team player
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong ethics and corporate loyalty
Preferred Qualifications/Requirements: BSCET or ASCET (ABET accreditation)
Company where our People enjoy their Jobs!
Saber Power Services is a very Employee Focused company. We realize that our reputation is built on the impression that our Employees make on our Customers, so we decided that if we take care of our employees, they will take care of the Customers. We have office BBQs, company fishing tournaments, casino parties for employees, and anything that we can think of that our people will enjoy. The majority of our work in centered around Greater Houston, but we work throughout the US, and Internationally as well. All of our international projects are always filled with Volunteers within the company. Apply Your Skills. Make a Difference. Enjoy the Rewards.
If you are looking for a Career, and not a Job, then you really need to come talk to us. To Apply For This Position:
Qualified candidates please apply by sending an MS Word version of your resume with salary requirements to our HR Department.
Saber is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.